Friday, November 06, 2009

20 Love Letters - The Fourth

Sometimes you forget to finish your sentences. When you are distracted, driving the car, on the computer, you will start saying something, but trail off. At first I’ll think it’s just a pause. Sometimes it is, and you pick up where you left off after a long beat. Sometimes you forget to finish the sentence and I have to repeat the beginning back to you, to prompt you.

You are a compulsive snacker. If I leave an open bag of lollies or biscuits anywhere around you will grab a few every time you walk past, until the pack is empty. I sometimes hide the open packs in the cupboard in the hope that they might last longer. But you’ll always offer me some when you take some. You were brought up right by your mother.

In the meantime, as I live away from home my apartment is littered with half eaten blocks of chocolate and half finished bags of chips, neglected and forgotten without you here to help me finish them.

No comments: