Sunday, November 01, 2009

20 Love Letters

Yes it has been a while. I don’t even know if anyone is reading this anymore. It doesn’t matter much though, because there’s only one person I really want to read this anyway.

Over the course of the month of Novermber I am going to write 20 love letters to that person, in the hope that while we continue to be separate, he will know how much I miss him.


The First

You dyed your hair. I’ve always known you as a blonde. Different shades over different times, from ice cold white to your natural darker shade. You sent me a photo of your new black hair. I wasn’t expecting it. You hadn’t mentioned that you were going to dye it. I think probably you didn’t plan it, just got to salon and decided to dye it on a whim. You usually make decisions about your hair on the fly like that.

It took me almost the entire weekend to get used to it. Your skin is so pale, has always had been. The blue-black of your hair a shock of darkness crowning your head. Your eyebrows still so pale - they did look a little strange.

It took a couple of days but in the end I decided that I liked it. You can carry it off, you can carry off most things, with your high cheekbones and sharp aristocratic nose. You are only going to get better looking as you get older. One day you’ll have smile lines crinkling around your eyes and the lines in you forehead will get deeper, but it will be all be just details on the handsome face of the older you.

I love your pale skin, your freckles and your light pink nipples. I love your long, long legs and your firm arse. And for the moment, while the whim lasts, I love your dark hair as well.

1 comment:

Molly said...

20 love letters... what a perfect idea... I may borrow this, twist it slightly, as I am want to do. I hope you don't mind?

Mollyxxx