Sunday, November 29, 2009

20 Love Letters - The Seventeenth

Sometimes I freak out about the way you drive. It’s not that you are a dangerous driver, I can be in the car with far more accident-prone drivers and feel fine, I’m not sure why I skitz out a bit when you drive sometimes. Actually, I think I do. I think it’s because when we first got together you were just getting your license, so you were still sort of learning. We’d go on long drives and I’d be the licensed driver in the car while you practised. So I got in the habit of overzealously checking the road when you were driving, keeping an eye out for hazards.

Now I can’t seem to switch it off. I know you’re gonna stop at the stop light, a little later than I would but you’ll do it. But sometimes I get a little panic and feel like if I don’t tell you it’s coming up that you wont know, like back when you were learning.

Anyway I just wanted to stay sorry about that, I really don’t think you’re a bad driver, it’s just a weird instinct and I’ll keep trying to curb it if you’ll be patient with me.

I still do prefer for you to drive, I’m a better passenger. And you’re better at knowing where you’re going anyway.

No comments: