Thursday, November 05, 2009

20 Love Letters - The Third

Sometimes you talk too much. That’s ok because sometimes I don’t talk enough. I think in the end, we even each other out.

You have a knack for being able to talk to just about anyone, whether it’s a chat with a checkout chick at the shops, to engaging a cute waitress in conversation while we’re out. Your relaxed charm and talkative manner put people at ease and you pick up friends quickly. People feel comfortable turning to you for advice, they know they’re not going to be judged by you, they know you’re not easily shocked, so they feel free to share things with you.

You are a person who talks. In contrast I’m a person who is talked to. I can fall into conversation, but rarely initiate it, so I admire that ability in you. I’ll never be able to talk to strangers the way you do, but I am definitely better at engaging in group situations than I used to be. I’m sure you’ve been an influence there, so thank you.

Sometimes I think of all the people I would never have met if we weren’t together. The random “struck up a conversation at a gig” people, the friends of friends who became friends, the racy and kinky folk. It’s a varied tribe of really awesome people we know and I miss them when I’m away.

But not as much as I miss you.

No comments: